KPC's Veterans Services Program.
If you have never used VA benefits at any other college or educational facility, please follow these steps:
- Complete the VA Online Application (va.gov) (all chapters except chapter 31)
- Apply for admission to a degree program
- Meet with an advisor to plan your coursework. VA enrollment certification is allowed ONLY for courses that apply to your current degree program or are considered prerequisite or developmental classes leading to degree requirements.
- Register for classes
- Complete the KPC Request for Certification of VA Benefits Form (this form must be completed every semester)
- Complete the Student Acknowledgement of Understanding
- Submit VA Form: Certificate of Eligibility
- Sign up on the DVA website for an eBenefits premier account to track status and payment information
- Have a question for the DVA? Create a secure online account & submit a question. The DVA will email you when your question has been answered.
Additional Step for Transfer Students
- Complete VA Form 22-1995 through VA Online Application (vets.gov) to identify your new school and degree program. Print copy for your records and provide a copy for Veterans Service Office. You can also fill out VA form 22-1995 Change of Place/Program and mail it to VA and provide Veterans Service Office with a copy.
Attention MGIB and VRAP Eligible Veterans
For both VRAP, Veterans Retraining Assistance Program and regular MGIB benefit programs, you will need to certify your attendance EVERY MONTH with the VA. This requirement can be completed by calling the DVA office in Muskogee, OK at 1-877-823-2378 or by submitting your "Monthly Verification of Enrollment" form (VA Form 22-8979) via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online system. This system also provides basic benefit information, such as a remaining number of benefits months.
U.S. Department of VA - Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Under Chapter 31)