Welcome, Parents of KPC students!
Whether you have a high school student attending our JumpStart program, a first-time freshman, or a returning college student looking for options closer to home, KPC offers excellence in education and student support. Advantages of attending KPC include:
- Earning UAA credits close to home (KPC credits are fully accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities)
- Learning how to juggle time, stress, and college academic loads in a small, supportive environment
- Earning dual-credit for high school students (most KPC courses apply toward high school graduation requirements as well as college degree requirements)
- Considerable cost savings over tuition at other universities
KPC degree-seeking students experience a considerable savings over out-of-state colleges.
Regular KPC Tuition Rate Cost Comparison (One-year)
|Tuition||KPC (regular tuition rate $183/credit)||Washington State||Montana State|
|30 credits – One year||$5,490||$24,478||$21,390|
|$18,988 more||$15,900 more|
High School Students
Residents of the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District can participate in the JumpStart program in their Junior and Senior years of high school. This program, funded by the Kenai Peninsula Borough, supports college-bound high school students with discounted tuition for courses taken through KPC. Here’s the potential savings demonstrated by a cost comparison of KPC (JumpStart) vs. Washington State University and Montana State University.
Washington State University - nonresident tuition:
- $816/credit=$2,448 for one 3-credit course
- $24,478 for 30 credits (two semesters as a full-time college student)
Montana State University - nonresident tuition, also includes some fees:
- $713/credit=$2,139 for one 3-credit course
- $21,390 for 30 credits (two semesters as a full-time college student)
Kenai Peninsula College (JumpStart tuition rate for HS seniors and juniors):
- $64/credit=$192 for one 3-credit course
- JumpStart students can take up to 30 credits (equivalent to one year of college) for $1,920.
High School to College Students
KPC students who combine JumpStart and their college courses after high school increase their savings.
Kenai Peninsula Borough JumpStart students who complete 30 credits at JumpStart rates and continue on to attend KPC a second academic year could receive their two-year degree/first two years of college at the following cost (not including fees).
Two Years of College Cost Comparison
|Credits||KPC||Washington State||Montana State|
|$37,436 more than KPC||$31,260 more than KPC|
The KRC Residence Hall in Soldotna features a private bedroom with shared living room and kitchen in a quad arrangement, and provides laundry, internet, cable, student activities and security, for $3200 per semester. Compare the cost for four semesters of single bedroom housing, no meal plan.
|College||KPC||Washington State||Montana State|
|4 semesters of on-campus housing, single room, no meal plan||$12,800||$17,768||$19,364|
Keep up on the important dates: registration dates, first/last day of classes, refund dates, campus closure dates, etc. with the Academic Calendar. You can find the calendars under Academics on the website, or click here.
FERPA is the Federal Educational Rights and Privacy Act. College student records contain protected information under federal law, although at times it can be inconvenient for parents to be unable to access their college student’s information. Parents and students with photo ID can complete and submit a waiver to release information to the parents. Parents with photo ID will then be able to have access to student information, as detailed on the form.
KPC Student Support
Students are much more than numbers at KPC. Support is provided by caring, competent professionals in areas that include Counseling & Advising, Rural and Native Student Services, Veteran’s Student Services, Career Services, Financial Aid, Admissions and Registration, Disability Accommodations Support, Tutoring and Testing Services, and at the Kenai River Campus, the Student Health Center and Residence Life staff.
Questions? Contact us; we are here to help!
- Kenai River Campus Student Services: (907) 262-0330
- Kenai River Campus Counseling & Advising: (907) 262-0383
- Kachemak Bay Campus (ask for Student Services): (907) 235-7743
- Resurrection Bay Extension Site: (907) 224-0285 Anchorage Extension Site: (907) 786-6421
- Or call toll free 1-877-262-0330 and ask to be transferred to the campus your student plans to attend.