This frame structure was built in 1956 by community members with carpentry skills, including Gordon Taylor and Joe Faa. This building offered warm and dry space for 16mm movies, dancing (especially square dancing headed up by Frieda and Charlie Lewis of Cohoe), and 4-H and Boy Scout meetings. It became the city hall when Soldotna voted to become a fourth-class city. Council members were Burton Carver, Al Hershberger, Russell Bagley and Jake Dubendorf. Don Wilson was mayor. This building sat on what later became the site of the Soldotna Fire Department.
KPC Anthropology Lab
All of the photographs in this collection are for personal, educational, or research use only. These images cannot be used for political, commercial, or advertising purposes. At the present time the college does not have the capabilities to reproduce prints from the image scans. For technical inquiries, or to report errors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.