Students who need to drop or withdraw from specific courses or from all their courses must do so officially. Only students who drop via UAOnline or who submit a drop or withdrawal form, signed and dated by the student, will qualify for a tuition refund. Refunds are processed according to these policies:
- Through second week of the semester: 100 percent tuition and fees
- After the second week of semester: NO REFUND
- Less-than-semester length classes (one week or longer but less than 15 weeks):
- Through the first week of class: 100 percent tuition and fees
- After the first week: NO REFUND
- Extremely Short Courses:(less than one week in duration):
- The above rule applies BUT no refunds will be issued after grades have been posted by the instructor.
Refunds are processed only after students have completed the appropriate paperwork. The date of drop/withdrawal as indicated on the official Add/Drop form or electronically via the web determines eligibility for a refund. Refunds will be processed and mailed within two weeks after the end of the refund period.
If KPC cancels a course, students may add another course of equal tuition value. If students prefer a refund, they must process a drop form; the drop fee will not be charged and KPC will refund 100 percent of tuition and fees.