Kenai Peninsula community resources directory
Food Bank 262-3111 - the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank distributes food to local non-profit member organizations, along with emergency food boxes and USDA commodities to individuals. The Soup Kitchen is open to the public.
LOVE Inc 283-5683 (Love in the name of Christ) - is a clearinghouse ministry working together with the agencies and churches to generate untapped church resources to meet community needs, screen, verify and refer clients to people who can help identify and teach self-help skills. Help with food, housing, medical resources. Call for more information.
Salvation Army 283-3879 - food, clothing, shelter and emergency needs, USDA government commodities, thrift store, women's support group, transportation to church provided. Bishops Attic - 262-5152 - provides clothing and essential household items for persons in need (walk-in or thru LOVE, Inc)
AHFC Public Housing Assistance 260-7633 - rental assistance to low income families based on gross income and number of persons in family.
WIC (Women, Infants and Children) - 283-4707 WIC is a supplemental food program for low income women, infants and children up to 5 years old.
Alcohol and drug addiction
- Al Anon 262-9231 - confidential support services for friends, spouses or family members of alcoholics
- Alcoholics Anonymous 262-2496 - to help members achieve sobriety
- Narcotics Anonymous 335-9456 - to help members achieve drug free lives
- Serenity House 714-4521 - chemical dependency treatment program of the Central Peninsula Hospital
- Nakenu Family Center 283-6693 - youth and adult chemical dependence recovery; individual or family mental health; Indian child welfare; tribal social work program
- Tobacco Control Alliance 260-3682 - education and cessation programs related to all tobacco use. Medical /Mental Health Resources - click here for information
This is a partial list of the comprehensive Community Resource Directory available in the KPC Student Health Clinic office. Please click here for a complete list of community resources.