Blackboard allows students and faculty to post and share documents and other course content, communicate via e-mail and discussion boards, and even have synchronous, "real-time" conversations in a virtual classroom.
- Register for at least one credit hour;
- Wait at least 24 hours after registration;
- Find UA ID number, username and password (look-up user information);
- Go to Blackboard and log in;
Using Blackboard E-mail
- Click on the Communication navigation button;
- Choose Send E-mail;
- Click on Select Users;
- Click the box of the person to be e-mailed;
- Enter subject and message;
- Click submit;
- E-mail can be sent to all users in the course by choosing All Users. There is an option to send a copy of the e-mail to the sender. Attachments can be included in the e-mail.
Checking Grades in Blackboard
See UAA's video on checking grades. Grades may or may not be posted on Blackboard by instructors.