Students' rights, freedoms, and responsibilities are explained in the UAA Fact Finder Student Handbook and on the UAA Dean of Students office page (both links below). As stated in the Handbook, “All members of the university community have a responsibility to protect and maintain an academic climate in which the freedom to learn is enjoyed by all. To this end, certain basic regulations and policies have been developed to govern the behavior of students as members of the university community.”
For questions on student rights, freedoms and responsibilities, contact KRC Student Services (262-0330) or KBC Student and Enrollment Services (235-7743).
Academic-related policies and processes are delineated in the UAA Catalog.
UAA Fact Finder Handbook (all policies)
UAA Fact Finder information:
- Campus Sex Crimes Prevention Act
- Complaint Resolution
- Equal Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Statement
- Gender-Based and Sexual Misconduct Policy
- General Policies
- Smoking on Campus
- Student Code of Conduct
- Student Complaint Process/External Agencies
- Student Dispute/Complaint Resolution Process
- UAA Campus Security and Fire Safety Report
- UAA Dean of Students Office
- UAA Guidelines and Procedures for Children and Minors on Campus
- UAA Alcohol Policy
- University Student Educational Records (FERPA) Policy
Title IX: Gender Equity in Education Resources
The State of Alaska Division of Elections is the best resource to find information on how to register to vote, check registration status, review election pamphlets and more.