Career & Community Engagement Center Services
The Career & Community Engagement Program Manager is here to serve as a resource for students and the community alike! She can assist with:
- Career exploration, planning and assessments;
- Strengths assessment and coaching;
- Researching careers, jobs, employers and professional development options;
- Finding meaningful ways to apply classroom learning to "real world" situations off campus;
- Preparing résumé, job search letters and career portfolios;
- Interviewing dos and don'ts, preparation for difficult questions.
The CCEC offers many services, and encourages students to utilize the resources available to them at KRC.
The CCEC Programs Manager is available by appointment to provide résumé, job search letter writing and interview preparation assistance, to administer career interest and strengths-based assessment instruments to individuals, and to provide coaching and guidance through the career development process. Career development workshops, campus and community presentations and mock interviews can be arranged.
Employment and Career Development
See CCEC’s opportunity board for a range of employment and career opportunities, internships and other career-directed instruction, experiences, awards and events. The boards are located across from and near the Student Union office--between the McLane Commons and Brockel Commons--as well as in front of the office upstairs in the Goodrich Building.
College Central Network
The CCEC has joined forces with the College Central Network to provide great online resources to our students.
Students and Alumni
- Connect with employers offering local jobs and internships who are seeking out KPC students and alumni;
- Search nationwide with CCN's national jobs and internships boards;
- Indicate job preferences and receive e-mail notification of potential matches;
- Get assistance with résumé, cover letter and career e-Portfolio development;
- Access more than 1,000 career, finance, health and life tips articles, podcasts and videos written and produced by industry professionals!
- Post new jobs, internships and volunteer opportunities--at no cost;
- Gain access to KPC student and alumni talent.
Hours & Location
The Career & Community Engagement Center is located in room 239 upstairs in the Goodrich Building (near the Anthropology Lab) at KPC's Kenai River Campus. For hours of operation, contact the CCEC at 262-0337.