Career & Community Engagement Center Services
The CCEC staff is here to serve as a resource for students and the community alike! Pop in and chat with the staff about:
- Career planning and interests assessments;
- Internship opportunities for college credit;
- Service-learning and volunteer community partnerships;
- Job search strategies and preparation;
- Alaskan careers, training and jobs.
The CCEC can also assist with:
- Researching careers, colleges, employers and professional development options;
- Finding meaningful ways to apply classroom learning to "real world" situations off campus;
- Writing resumes, job search letters and job applications;
- Interviewing dos and don'ts, preparation for difficult questions;
- Tips for increasing your job satisfaction, salary and more.
The CCEC offers many services, and encourages students to utilize the resources available to them at KRC.
The CCEC Programs Manager is available by appointment to provide career counseling, résumé and job search letter writing and interview preparation assistance, and to administer various career interest assessment instruments to individuals. Career development workshops, campus and community presentations and mock interviews can be arranged.
Employment and Career Development
See CCEC’s opportunity boards in front of their office for a range of employment and career opportunities, internships and other career-directed instruction, experiences, awards and events.
Cooperative Internship Program
KPC Career & Community Engagement Center coordinates a Cooperative Internship Program (CIP). Through the CIP qualified KPC students have the opportunity to earn academic credit in their major while acquiring practical skills. With guidance from KPC faculty and the Career & Community Engagement Center, students may integrate academic study with a planned, supervised work experience in the community—allowing students to test academic skills in a professional setting and explore career opportunities.
College Central Network
The CCEC has joined forces with the College Central Network to provide great online resources to our students.
Students and Alumni
- Find local jobs and internships online;
- Search nationwide with CCN's national job board;
- Post resumes online, receive e-mail notification of potential matches;
- Connect with employers who are specifically interested in KPC students and alumni;
- Be updated on new jobs that are added daily;
- Access over 1,000 career articles written by industry professionals!
- Post new jobs;
- Review KPC student and alumni resumes at no cost.
Hours & Location
The Career & Community Engagement Center is located in room 146 (glass store-front entry) in the McLane Building at KPC's Kenai River Campus. For hours of operation, contact the CCEC at 262-0376 or 262-0337.