The KPC Peer Ambassador Scholarship Program is designed to provide select KPC students with education, training and experience in leadership, career development and community outreach. Peer Ambassadors will represent the college at various events throughout the academic year.
Spring 2017 KPC Peer Ambassador Scholars
- Natalya Oskolkoff
- Alasha Brito
- Myles Snell-Burton
- Willis Pate
Peer Ambassador activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Representing KPC at college fairs and other recruitment events
- New Student Orientation
- Special campus and community service events
- KPC campus tours
- Visits to high schools
- High school activities, such as Application Week and JumpStart registration
As compensation, each scholar receives a six-credit hour tuition waiver each semester that they are active in the program. Ambassadors also receive a special vest that identifies them as KPC Peer Ambassadors.
Want to Become a Peer Ambassador Scholar?
Peer Ambassador selection takes place each spring for the upcoming academic year. Successful applicants must have completed at least one semester at KPC, be in good academic standing, have been enrolled in at least six credits during the spring semester previous to their participation as a Peer Ambassador Scholar, and remain in at least six credits throughout their term of service. Additionally, Peer Ambassadors should demonstrate the following:
- Availability for bi-weekly meetings
- Excellent communication skills
- Leadership qualities
- An open, friendly and positive personality
- A desire to become more involved in campus life
- An interest in personal improvement and helping prospective and fellow students