To be eligible for student housing, students must meet the criteria for student status. Students must be registered for at least nine (9) credits from KPC. Preference will be given to students signed up for twelve (12) or more KPC credits. Students must also be in good standing with the Office of Residence Life and the Campus Judicial Committee. Additionally, the following must be submitted before space will be reserved in Student Housing:
- Housing Application ($40 fee).
- $300 Security Deposit (submitted with application).
A refundable $300 security deposit is required of all housing applicants. The deposit will be held by the KPC Business Office for as long as the resident indicates intent to return to Student Housing in the following term. When a resident formally checks out of housing and indicates that he/she will not be returning, the deposit will be mailed to the forwarding address indicated by the resident, less any applicable charges assessed to the student.
- Current Immunization Status (must be submitted before a student moves into the KRC Residence Hall).
HOUSING PLACEMENTS & ROOM ASSIGNMENTS
Every attempt will be made to accommodate students’ housing placement requests. Requests are filled on a first-come, first served basis! Fill out the ‘Preferences’ section of the housing application to ensure the best possible roommate pairing.
In order to apply for student housing, students need to simply complete the following process:
- Log in to UAOnline (contact Student Services at (907) 262-0330 if you do not yet have a student ID number);
- Go to the ‘Student Services & Account Information’ tab;
- Press ‘Campus Housing and Dining’;
- Select ‘KPC Housing’;
- Press the ‘ApplyOnline’ button; and
- Fill out the simple online application (remember to pay your application fee and housing deposit)!
Questions? Call (907) 262-0256 and Residence Life staff will be happy to help you through the process.