More than just a paycheck.
KPC offers financial opportunities on campus to help current students defray the costs of attending the college. Hours are flexible to class schedules and provide valuable on-the-job experience for future employment after graduation. According to University of Alaska policy, students may work no more than 20 hours/wk, while classes are in session. Submission of a Student Employee Waiver Form is required when requesting a waiver of the UAA employment guidelines and procedures. This form must be completed, signed, and submitted to the Director of Student Services before any exceptions will be considered or granted. Special rules apply to foreign nationals on temporary student visas (F-1 or J-1) - please contact KPC Human Resources for more information.
In addition to student employment, the KPC Career and Community Engagement Center offers a range of services to assist students with locating and preparing for the job market after earning a degree, certificate, and/or occupational endorsement from KPC/UAA.
To be eligible to for a student job:
- Be enrolled @ KPC/UAA for a minimum of six credits in the current semester; OR
- Have been enrolled the preceding semester for six credit and plans to enroll for six or more credits in the next semester if employment is to occur between semesters
- Be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service
- Must complete all University of Alaska employment paperwork
- Must make Satisfactory Academic Progress as outlined in the KPC/UAA catalog:
- GPA 2.0 or better, prior to and throughout the term of employment
Students interested in working as a student employee should contact the financial aid office at the KPC location they are attending for a list of current openings and applications. Generally positions are posted for a minimum of 5 business days.
Student employees are required to complete an orientation,a mid-term progress & attendance report, to ensure they are making satisfactory academic progress, and an end of year evaluation with their supervisor. These tools are designed to supplement the learning experience, rather than to become a permanent part of the employment record.
Link to open positions, by campus:
Kenai River Campus (click link)
Kachemak Bay Campus (click link)