Where possible, transfer credit will be equated with KPC courses. When this is not possible, evaluators may grant specifically designated elective credit to meet a General Education Requirement (GER.) KPC reserves the right to reject transfer credit or to require an examination before credit is allowed. An evaluation of transfer credit will be completed after a student has been accepted to degree-seeking status.
1. Transfer credit will be accepted only from institutions in the U.S. that are fully accredited by one of the following regional accrediting associations:
- Middle States Association of Colleges & Schools
- New England Association of Schools & Colleges
- North Central Association of Colleges & Schools
- Northwest Association of Schools & Colleges
- Southern Association of Colleges & Schools
- Western Association of Schools & Colleges
2. Only courses completed with grades equal to C (2.0) or higher will be considered for transfer.
3. Students who plan to transfer credits from foreign institutions must provide an official statement of education equivalency from a recommended credentials evaluation service. Addresses are available from Student Services. The fee depends upon the type and complexity of the evaluation.
4. Transfer credits are not included in the students KPC grade point average (GPA) computation, except to determine eligibility for graduation with honors.