Skip Navigation
"Find your place at Kenai Peninsula College."

2012-14 Online Course Catalog

International Students

Students who wish to transfer college-level course work from foreign institutions must submit official transcripts and English translations (if necessary) as well as an official statement of educational equivalency from a recommended international credentials evaluation service. Lists of such services may be obtained from the International Student Advisor in Enrollment Services on the UAA campus in Anchorage, 907-786-1573, or contact Diane Taylor in the Learning Center at KRC at 262-0328. Fees depend upon the type and complexity of the evaluation. International students (F-1) who wish to apply for the United States Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization Services Certificate of Eligibility for Non-Immigrant Students (Form I-20A) must do all of the following:

1. Meet university admission requirements for degree-seeking students and be accepted to a program.
2. Submit an official TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of at least 450 (paper based) or computer based score of 133.
3. Submit a statement of financial support for the anticipated period of study at KPC.
4. Provide official transcripts and a statement of educational equivalency from a recommended credentials evaluation service.

To be issued an I-20A, international students must be formally admitted, full-time, degree-seeking students, even if their major is undeclared. Contact the Admissions and Records office for details. These requirements apply only to students who are requesting a Form I-20A Student Visa. Other international students may enroll under the Open Enrollment or Formal Admissions policy. Health insurance is mandatory for international students on student visas.

E-mail: Webmaster  |  (877) 262-0330  |  Contact Us  |  © 2014 Kenai Peninsula College, All Rights Reserved