Skip Navigation
"Find your place at Kenai Peninsula College."

2014-15 Catalog

Student Complaint Resolution Process   

University students have a variety of procedures available to them to process complaints about actions or inaction by members of the University community, which adversely affect them. What process to use will depend on the nature of the complaint. Refer to the specific sections in this catalog that address the issues in question.

For complaints about grades and other actions affecting academic standing, refer to the “Academic Dispute Resolution Procedure;” for complaints about the conduct of another student, refer to the “Student Code of Conduct” and the “Student Judicial Review Procedures;” for complaints of sexual harassment and sexual misconduct, refer to the “Sexual Offenses Policy;” for challenges to the content of your student record, refer to “Access to Student Records.”

For complaints of other types of unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, Vietnam era or disabled veteran status, physical or mental disability, changes in marital status, pregnancy or parenthood, contact the Office of Campus Diversity and Compliance.

For complaints about employee misconduct not covered in the procedures described above, contact the employee’s supervisor. Upon receipt of a written complaint, the employee’s supervisor will investigate the complaint, take such action as deemed appropriate to correct the situation, and respond to the complainant in writing.

For complaints not covered here, file a written complaint with the employee who made the determination, then utilize the administrative appeals process, as appropriate.

E-mail: Webmaster  |  (877) 262-0330  |  Contact Us  |  © 2014 Kenai Peninsula College, All Rights Reserved