Interested students should contact the Financial Aid office located in Student Services at the Kenai River Campus or with a Student and Enrollment Services advisor at the Kachemak Bay Campus for information and applications. It is recommended that students submit applications six months before the beginning of the semester for which they are applying. For an upcoming fall semester, the Financial Aid office should receive completed financial aid applications by April 1. Applications received after this date will be considered if funds are available. Specific procedures are as follows:
- Students must apply for admission to KPC or UAA and be officially accepted into a degree or certificate program. Forms are available at Student Services or online at the KPC website.
- All students interested in receiving federal or state grants and loans must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at: www.fafsa.ed.gov, listing KPC/UAA’s Title IV School Code: #011462.
- Students participating in either the UAS of UAF distance education programs must apply for financial aid through either UAS or UAF respectively.
- Students who wish to apply for other assistance, such as the Veteran’s Education Benefits, must complete applications available from the Financial Aid office.
- Students who wish to apply for scholarships may find information and applications at the Financial Aid office, or online at:
- Students who wish to apply for Bureau of Indian Affairs grants or scholarships should contact the BIA (http://www.oiep.bia.edu/) or their regional native corporation(s).