Skip Navigation
"Find your place at Kenai Peninsula College."

2014-15 Catalog

UAA Graduation Application 

UAA awards degrees and certificates year-round and prints diplomas monthly. To be eligible for graduation at the end of a given semester, a student must:

  • Be formally admitted to the degree or certificate program, and
  • Submit an Application for Graduation online.  A fee will be applied to the student’s account.

Application for Graduation deadlines are the Friday before finals for the semester in which the student intends to graduate. Students graduating during the spring semester should apply by April 1 in order to have their name produced in the commencement program. If the student meets all requirements by the end of the semester, the certificate or degree is awarded after completion of the semester. Students are held responsible for meeting all academic regulations and degree/certificate requirements. Students who complete requirements before the end of the semester may contact to request that their certificate/degree be awarded early.

Occupational endorsement certificates are awarded by the offering academic unit, rather than at commencement. Students should check with their advisors to determine what arrangements are followed.

The names of students receiving undergraduate certificates and degrees appear in the commencement program in the spring and are released to the media unless a student places a directory hold on their record.

Students who apply for graduation and who do not complete their degree/certificate requirements by the end of the semester in which they have been approved to graduate, but are within 6 credits of completion, will have their application request changed to the following semester by the Office of the Registrar. This courtesy change will be granted one time. Students with more than 6 outstanding credits of requirements remaining, or who have 6 credits or fewer remaining for a second semester, must reapply for graduation and pay another application fee (if applicable).  

Students who are graduating with a degree from a UA campus other than KPC and would like to participate in KPC’s Commencement are encouraged to do so.  After applying for graduation with the campus of their program, students would need to fill out a paper KPC Application for Graduation and submit it to KPC Student Services.

For further information please contact Julie Cotterell at (907) 262-0311 or email

E-mail: Webmaster  |  (877) 262-0330  |  Contact Us  |  © 2014 Kenai Peninsula College, All Rights Reserved