GER STUDENT OUTCOMES
After completing the General Education Requirement, UAA students shall be able to:
- Communicate effectively in a variety of contexts and formats.
- Reason mathematically, and analyze quantitative and qualitative data competently to reach sound conclusions.
- Relate knowledge to the historical context in which it developed and the human problems it addresses.
- Interpret different systems of aesthetic representation and understand their historical and cultural contexts.
- Investigate the complexity of human institutions and behavior to better understand interpersonal, group, and cultural dynamics.
- Identify ways in which science has advanced the understanding of important natural processes.
- Locate and use relevant information to make appropriate personal and professional decisions.
- Adopt critical perspectives for understanding the forces of globalization and diversity.
- Integrate knowledge and employ skills gained to synthesize creative thinking, critical judgment, and personal experience in a meaningful and coherent manner.