Students who need to drop or withdraw from specific courses or from all their courses must do so officially. Only students who drop via UAOnline or who submit a drop or withdrawal form, signed and dated by the student, will qualify for a tuition refund. Refunds are processed according to these policies:
- Through the second week of the semester: 100 percent refund of tuition and fees.
- After the second week of the semester: No refund.
- Less-than-semester length classes (one week or longer, but less than 15 weeks): Through the first week of class - 100 percent refund. After the first week - no refund.
- Extremely short courses (less than one week in duration): The above rule applies, but no refunds will be issued after grades have been posted by the instructor.
- Classes with irregular start or end dates: The 100 percent refund period ends at 5 p.m. seven days after the first published class day. Please note that the refund date is not the payment deadline; refer to the dates and deadlines calendar here for all appropriate payment dates.
Refunds are processed only after students have completed the appropriate paperwork. The date of drop/withdrawal as indicated on the official add/drop form or electronically via the web determines eligibility for a refund. Refunds will be processed and mailed within two weeks after the end of the refund period. We do not issue refunds for $2 or less.
If KPC cancels a course, students may add another course of equal tuition value. If students prefer a refund, they must process a drop form; the drop fee will not be charged and KPC will refund 100 percent of tuition and fees.