Connect with KPC!
Use the checklist below as a guide to help you through the college process.
1. Explore KPC
- Take a campus tour and meet with KPC staff and students.
2. Apply for Admission
- Review admission requirements and apply online;.
- Pay admission fees: Bachelor's Degree: $50; Associate Degree & Certificates: $40. These fees are payable by credit card (online) or by check (paper application);
- Submit official high school or college transcripts (in progress and final);
- Submit official test scores for the SAT, ACT or ACCUPLACER;
- Mail in official documents.
3. Apply for Financial Aid
- Find financial aid opportunities online.
- Fill out the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) starting on Jan. 1 each year. KPC's financial aid code is 011462. Note: Grants, Stafford and Alaska state loans, and some scholarships may require submission of the FAFSA. It is important to apply for financial aid as soon as possible. The process can take up to eight weeks.
4. Take Placement Tests
- ACCUPLACER is KPC's approved placement test to assess math and English skills. It can be taken in addition to or in place of the SAT and ACT. Math and English classes require a placement test.
5. Meet With an Advisor
- Schedule an appointment with an academic advisor after applying for admission and submitting test scores. It is important to meet with your advisor prior to registering for classes.
6. Register for Classes
- Register online using your UA username and Password.
- To find your student ID and/or reset your password, click "Help with UA Username or Password".
- Enter your username and password (the default password is your birthdate).
- Click Student Services and Account Information, then proceed to Registration.
7. Attend an Orientation Session
- Take the online New Student Orientation if you are unable to attend the face-to-face session.
- Attend the face-to-face orientation and tour the campus, register for classes and meet students with interests similar to yours.
8. Follow-up: Check Your Progress
- Go to UAOnline to ensure that your admission file is complete. NOTE: A complete file includes your official high school transcript (including final grades and graduation date) and/or any college transcripts reflecting your last semester in attendance, and test scores.
9. Schedule Your Classes
- Check out the online course schedule and plan your classes.
- The schedule also contains information about deadlines, building locations, planning tools, and more.
10. Pay for Classes
- Pay tuition and fees online or on campus.
11. Purchase Textbooks
- Review operating hours and other information about campus bookstores.
- Order textbooks for online classes at MBSDirect.
12. Academic Catalog
- Read detailed information about KPC degrees and courses in the UAA system-wide Academic Catalog, available online.
13. Obtain Student ID
- Your Student ID is your official KPC/UAA identification card.
14. Check Your KPC Email Account
- At the time of registration, KPC students are assigned a college email account which is used to communicate with students regarding important college matters. Allow two business days after registering for classes to have email access. Be sure to check this account regularly.