High School Senior Tuition Scholarship
Kenai Peninsula College is offering several tuition scholarships to graduating seniors from the following schools:
- Kenai Central High School
- Soldotna High School
- Nikiski High School
- Ninilchik High School
- Seward High School
- Kenai Alternative High School
- River City Academy
- Cook Inlet Academy
- Kenai Peninsula Borough residents participating in home-school programs
This scholarship may be used for attendance during the upcoming academic year at Kenai Peninsula College’s, Kenai River Campus (Soldotna) or at our Resurrection Bay Extension Site (Seward.)
Qualified recipients may be awarded up to twelve (12) credits of tuition waived for the fall and the spring semesters of the upcoming academic year; the student is responsible for books and fees.
Applicants are advised to fill out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) in order to assist the Scholarship Committee in determining financial need. See your high school counselor or call the KPC Financial Aid Office for additional information or assistance with filing the FAFSA by the deadline (262-0332.)
To apply, student must:
- Have been an Alaska resident for the past 12 months.
- Complete the attached application cover sheet.
- Complete the FAFSA (www.fafsa.gov)
- Attach a high school transcript showing a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
- Attach a one page, typed statement describing career goals and educational plans. This is your only opportunity to explain what a wonderful candidate you are for this scholarship. Believe in yourself and remember to use spell check!
- Submit two letters of reference - one from a faculty or staff member at the high school you attend, and one from a member of the community.
When it is in active mode, download the High School Tuition Waiver Packet at the link below, and return to the Kenai River Campus Financial Aid Office by the deadline. (The Fall 2017 application period closed 3/23/17 at 5 p.m.)
For more information, email the Kenai River Campus Financial Aid Department or call 262-0331.