Top ^


Find out how to apply for scholarships here! KPC Scholarships are OPEN NOW! PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY! IMPORTANT NOTE: To apply for scholarships for the UPCOMING SPRING 2018 SEMESTER ONLY, do not follow the instructions below! Access the application under the Other Scholarship Opportunities link located on the left of this page, or stop by the Financial Aid office (@KRC), or email: to request a PAPER APPLICATION. PAPER APPLICATIONS/ESSAYS WILL ONLY BE ACCEPTED. DEADLINE IS NOV. 3, 2017 BY 5 P.M. Click on the KPC Scholarships link on the left side of this page to access information about KPC scholarships. For more information, call the Financial Aid office at 262-0332.

How to apply for scholarships at KPC

Step 1: Certify that Kenai Peninsula College is your primary campus of attendance.

Certify below

To certify your campus, please provide your name, student ID number, and click the confirm button. (You must be in a UAA or KPC degree or certificate program. Degree restrictions may apply to certain scholarships). Important: Please provide your UA Student ID number (not your username). If you do not know your UA Student ID number, please visit

Kachemak Bay Campus Students

Kachemak Bay Campus scholarships are facilitated by Kimberly Frost, KBC Student and Enrollment Services Coordinator. Please contact her at, or (907) 235-1658 for more information. To apply to all other scholarships, please continue.

High school seniors

Since high school seniors are not admitted, they are not required to verify their campus. If you wish to apply for KPC scholarships, please visit the High School Senior Tuition Scholarship page for more information.

Note for First-time KPC students

To be considered for KPC scholarships, you must apply for admission before the deadline of the upcoming year you seek scholarship funds. You must also submit a partial high school transcript to evaluate whether you meet the GPA requirements of a given scholarship. For more information contact the Kenai River Campus Financial Aid Department at

Step 2: Browse scholarship opportunities.

  • Browse the KPC Scholarship opportunities (administered by KPC).
  • Browse the Other Scholarship opportunities (administered by non-KPC organizations/individuals).

Step 3: Complete the FAFSA

If you have not completed a FAFSA application for the current academic year, please do that as soon as possible.

  • The FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is used for two things:
    1. The FAFSA provides biographical information that may be used to help identify eligible applicants for some scholarships.
    2. Some scholarships require that students demonstrate "financial need" to receive an award. "Financial Need" is measured by the difference between annual college expenses and the potential amount that your family can afford to contribute. Please don't skip applying for "need-based" scholarships just because you and your family don't qualify for federal need-based financial aid. Lacking federally-defined "financial need" does not mean you are ineligible for scholarships at UAA.

FAFSA website

Contact Info

Kathi Overpeck
KPC Financial Aid Coordinator
Kathi Overpeck
Web page
Jennifer Rasche
KBC Information & Registration Specialist
Jennifer Rasche
Web page