How to apply for scholarships at KPC
- Open UA Academic Works
- Sign in with UA username and password
- Complete the General Application
- Complete the UA Anchorage application and be certain to choose UAA-Kenai Peninsula as the home campus
- Go through the recommended opportunities section and apply
- Be sure to check out Other Scholarship Opportunities
Complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) every year.
Complete the FAFSA application for the current academic year as soon as possible!
- The FAFSA is used for two things:
- The FAFSA provides biographical information that may be used to help identify eligible applicants for some scholarships.
- Some scholarships require that students demonstrate financial need to receive an award. Financial need is measured by the difference between annual college expenses and the potential amount that families can afford to contribute. Don't skip applying for need-based scholarships just because of initially not qualifying for federal need-based financial aid. Lacking federally-defined financial need does not mean a student is ineligible for scholarships at UAA.
Kenai River Campus Students
Kenai River Campus scholarships are facilitated by the KRC Financial Aid Office. For more information, contact the office by email or by phone (907) 262-0332.
Kachemak Bay Campus Students
Kachemak Bay Campus scholarships are facilitated by Kimberly Frost, KBC Student and Enrollment Services Coordinator. Please contact her by email, or by phone (907) 235-1658 for more information.
- Spring 2019 KBC Scholarship application packet, due 5 p.m., December 14, 2018.
- Spring 2019 KBC Mary Epperson Student Support & Scholarship & Endowment spring 2019 scholarship application, due, December 14, 2018.
High school seniors
Since high school seniors are not admitted, they are not required to verify their campus. High school students who wish to apply for KPC scholarships should visit the High School Senior Tuition Scholarship page for more information.
Note for first-time KPC students
To be considered for KPC scholarships, student must apply for admission before the deadline of the upcoming year they are seeking scholarship funds. These students must also submit a partial high school transcript to evaluate whether they meet the GPA requirements of a given scholarship. For more information contact the Kenai River Campus Financial Aid Department.