Property & Surplus Services
In order to account for and safeguard KPC property and to comply with state and federal laws and University regulations, the Property and Surplus Department:
- Coordinates an annual physical inventory
- Records all acquisitions, deletions and changes to property
- Manages disposal of surplus property
All equipment or property relocations, off-campus use, or disposal must be coordinated through the Property and Surplus Department.
Disposal of Property
- Contact department for necessary forms and to coordinate pickup and disposal;
- University owned property may not be disposed or relocated without prior written consent;
- The department will seek authorization to destroy non-functional items; functional items are available to other departments;
- Once authorized, non-functional items are batched, then destroyed while being witnessed by two KPC employees, and taken to the landfill.
Off-Campus Use of KPC Property
- Personal use of KPC property is prohibited;
- Use of property is allowed only for KPC related business or projects and is allowed only for a limited time;
- An Authorization For Off-Campus Use Form must be completed and signed by campus director;
- Items must be returned by the date indicated on the form and checked in through the property department when returned.