- Books and media circulate for 21 days and may be renewed.
- Current KBC library card is required for checking out items.
- 25 cents per item per day
- Accounts are blocked when fines reach $5. A replacement fee of $55 will be charged for lost or damaged books.
- Delinquent patrons who have long overdue items or fines are placed in blocked status with the University accounting office. Until all library fines are paid, delinquent patrons will be unable to register at any UA campus.
All registered students as well as faculty and staff are eligible for KBC library cards. Application forms are available from the Library Technician and at the computer lab. You may check out KBC library resources as well as request holds for items available through other Consortium libraries. Interlibrary loan requests by patrons who are not in good standing will be denied, regardless of user status.
Library Computer Use
Two computers and one printer are located in the KBC Library for student academic use during open library hours. The KBC Library supports access to resources that assist students in enhancing their course-related work and learning experience.
Be aware that some information found on the Internet may be protected by copyright laws. Also be aware that some internet sites may be offensive and inaccurate.
KBC Library Staff
Library staff are available to assist you with source and database searches, focusing and refining your research, online book requests, general how-to's and internet use. Contact staff with questions or make an appointment for more in-depth assistance.
Public Use of KBC Library
The KBC Library does not issue library cards to those not attending classes or employed at the college. The public are welcome to access our holdings on site.
Be aware that library users not in compliance with these guidelines, with UAA's policy on Appropriate Use of Computing Resources, copyright laws, or with state and federal regulations regarding Internet usage will be asked to leave, and in some situations may have their Internet access in the library revoked.