Top ^

Veterans Affairs

KPC's Veterans Affairs Program

The Veterans Affairs office is located upstairs in the McLane Building at the Kenai River Campus and is headed up by Drew Baker, VA Certifying Official. He is available to meet with veteran students from 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday-Friday. 

New to KPC?

If you have never used VA benefits at any other college or educational facility, please follow these steps:

Transfer Students

  • Complete VA Form 22-1995 through VA Online Application (VONAPP) to identify your new school and degree program. Print copy for your records and provide copy for Veterans Service Office. You can also fill out VA form 22-1995 Change of Place/Program and mail it to VA and provide Veterans Service Office with copy. Contact this office if you need assistance.
  • Submit Member Copy 4 of your DD-214;
  • Submit copy of VA Form: Certificate of Eligibility;
  • Complete the KPC Request for Certification of VA Benefits Form;  
  • Meet with an advisor to plan your coursework. VA enrollment certification is allowed ONLY for courses that apply to your current degree program or are considered prerequisite or developmental classes leading to degree requirements;
  • Register for Classes;  
  • Sign up on the DVA website for an eBenefits premier account to track status and payment information;
  • Have a question for the DVA? Create an secure online account & submit a question. The DVA will email you when your question has been answered.

Continuing Students

Attention MGIB and VRAP Eligible Veterans

For both VRAP, Veterans Retraining Assistance Program and regular MGIB benefit programs, you will need to certify your attendance EVERY MONTH with the VA. This requirement can be completed by calling the DVA office in Muskogee, OK at 1-877-823-2378 or by submitting your "Monthly Verification of Enrollment" form (VA Form 22-8979) via the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) online system. This system also provides basic benefit information, such as remaining number of benefit months.

U.S. Department of VA - Vocational Rehabilitation Program (Under Chapter 31)

To apply, contact the following office:

VA Outpatient Clinic & Regional Office
2925 DeBarr Rd
Anchorage, AK 99508-2989
1 (888) 353-7574 ext. 4772
Phone: (907) 257-4770 or 257-4761
Fax: (907) 257-6780

Announcements from the Veteran Services Coordinator

Keep track of this section of the page to read Veteran Services Coordinator Drew Baker's most current announcements:

  • ATTENTION: All students using VA Education benefits must meet with an Academic Advisor for registration approval.
  • Veterans, there is now a need for a Work-study student in the Veterans Affairs Program. In order to qualify a student must be receiving VA educational benefits and going to school at least ¾ time (9 credit hours per semester). Work-study positions are VA funded and students can work up to 25 hours per week at AK minimum wage. Click on the position description or visit the VA website for additional information on VA work-study. Contact Drew Baker at 262-0261 if you are interested in applying.
  • Program Update: The KPC Firefighter I curriculum has recently been approved by the VA for certification.  

Contact Info

Veterans Affairs Program Coordinator
Drew D Baker
(907) 262-0261
Web page
Financial Aid Coordinator
Kathi A Overpeck
Web page