Admission Process for VA Students
VA students must apply for admission to a degree or certificate program. KPC's VA Certifying Official has the authorization to certify KPC programs ONLY. UAA programs must be certified through UAA's Financial Aid Office.
For admission, complete the following steps:
- Apply for admission;
- Pay $40 admission fee;
- Submit official transcripts (from any attended colleges/universities/high schools/GED);
- Submit official military transcripts along with the Request for Evaluation of Military Credits form;
- Take ACCUPLACER placement test;
- Complete a Request for Certification of Veterans Benefits form each semester (available at the KPC Financial Aid Office);
- Consult a counselor or program advisor every semester;
- The KPC Financial Aid Office will take the completed certification and transmit the data to the VA Regional Processor. The first month's stipend will arrive in 30-60 days.
Verify eligibility online:
The Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) provides veterans receiving the MGIB-Active Duty (Chapter 30) the ability to submit their "Monthly Verification of Enrollment" form (VA Form 22-8979) online. The system also provides basic benefit information.