OPTION 1: Instruction and Testing
Student wants free instruction and would like to enroll in the program.*
Step 1 - Student stops by or calls to sign up for a GED orientation
Kenai Peninsula College
Learning Center, Room 191
156 College Road
Soldotna, AK 99669
Step 2 - Receives a GED orientation packet to complete and return on orientation day.
Step 3 - During orientation, the student will:
- Take a Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE) and receive results immediately;
- Set up a GED.com account;
- Be assigned to an instructor to arrange a plan for study and testing.
OPTION 2: Testing ONLY
Student wants NO instruction, they simply want to start testing. *
Step 1 - Set up an account at GED.com (A working email is required.)
Step 2 - At the “MyGED Dashboard” home screen, become familiar with test format, question types, and test day essentials using these tabs: "About the Test," "Study," and "Test Tips." It is recommended that you become familiar with this information before your testing appointment.
Step 3 - When ready, click the "Schedule Test" tab, and follow the prompts to schedule at Kenai Peninsula College in Soldotna.
- A credit card will be required at the time of scheduling. The cost is $30 per exam.
- Once payment is processed, any rescheduling or cancellation must occur at least 24 hours before the appointment. Otherwise, the $30 fee is forfeited.
* Underage students
Any student 16 or 17 years old will need a parent or guardian permission slip and a high school withdrawal on file with the GED Program, before signing up for a GED orientation or scheduling a test.
If reasonable accommodations are needed (supported by documentation) to participate in this program, contact Diane Taylor at 907-262-0328 or firstname.lastname@example.org.