The Sky Bowl building was built 1959 by Burton Carver. It housed the first bank in the area, a branch of the National Bank of Alaska. Prior to this, the nearest bank was in Seward. Dick Hall was NBA branch manager. (Trucker, Walt Christensen, was given merchants' deposits in bank bags, and he would make the deposits.) Mainly in this building was a small bowling alley and a very lively cafe. Service was at a counter with stools. Alice Scarantino was the first lessor. Working for her was Irene Girves, Dee Stock and Maude Dubendorf. The second lessor was Anne Creary.
Sterling Highway, Soldotna, Alaska
KPC Anthropology Lab
All of the photographs in this collection are for personal, educational, or research use only. These images cannot be used for political, commercial, or advertising purposes. At the present time the college does not have the capabilities to reproduce prints from the image scans. For technical inquiries, or to report errors, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.