Top ^

Kenai Peninsula Historical Photo Repository

thumbnail
Click image to enlarge

Search Filter(s):

Wilson's grocery store, Soldotna 1952

The Wilson grocery store was built and operated by Don and Verona Wilson (arrivals from Oregon). Building can be seen today, occupied by Johnson Brothers guide service. Sandstroms house is seen in back. Small front room was the store. Staples only, no produce. If owners were absent for a few hours a sign was on counter "Take what you need, leave the money"". As a matter of fact years later when they went out of business they were still holding thousands of dollars of credit slips.

Individuals

n/a

Collection

Mullen Collection

Location

Soldotna, Alaska

Date

November 1952

Photographer

Sandstrom

Image Type

Black & White Slide

Dimensions

5cm x 5 cm

Condition

Fair

Identified By

Marge Mullen

Date Cataloged

2000-10-02

Archive Location

KPC Anthropology Lab


Use Agreement and Restrictions

All of the photographs in this collection are for personal, educational, or research use only. These images cannot be used for political, commercial, or advertising purposes. At the present time the college does not have the capabilities to reproduce prints from the image scans. For technical inquiries, or to report errors, please contact webmaster@alaska.edu.