Blackboard is a course management system that allows for dynamic learning in the online environment.
Blackboard allows students and faculty to post and share documents and other course content, communicate via e-mail and discussion boards, and even have synchronous, "real-time" conversations in a virtual classroom.
- Register for at least one credit hour
- Wait at least 24 hours after registration
- Find UA ID number, username and password (look-up user information)
- Go to the Blackboard Web site and log in
Using Blackboard e-mail
- Click on the Communication navigation button
- Choose Send E-mail
- Click on Select Users
- Click the box of the person to be e-mailed
- Enter subject and message
- Click submit
E-mail can be sent to all users in the course by choosing All Users. There is an option to send a copy of the e-mail to the sender. Attachments can be included in the e-mail.
Checking grades in Blackboard
See UAA's video on checking grades. Grades may or may not be posted on Blackboard by instructors.
For more information on Blackboard, review Blackboard Student Tutorials or contact the KPC IT HelpDesk