Open Student Employment Positions - last updated: 04/24/2013
LABOR POOL POSITIONS - APPLY AT ANY TIME, WORK INTERMITTENTLY
FOR IMMEDIATE CONSIDERATION
Notices of job postings and applications will also be posted on the Financial Aid bulletin board in the McLane Commons. Applications must be submitted via the UAKJobs website, using the links above. As part of the learning experience, KPC supervisors of student employees may request a Mid-term Progress & Attendance Report each semester, along with an informal Performance Evaluation at the end of the second semester of work. The end of semester evaluation is merely a tool to assist the student employee on gaining employment strengths and defining areas that could use improvement, rather than a document held within the student HR employee permanent file.
To apply for a job, click on a job link above and follow the instructions. For assistance in submitting your application please contact the Career and Community Engagement Center (262-0337) at KRC. For assistance at KBC, contact Student Enrollment Services (235-1655).
- Must be enrolled at KPC or UAA for at least (6) six credits in the current semester; OR
- Have been enrolled in the previous semester for at least six credits, and plan to enroll for at least six credits in the next semester (if employment occurs between regular sessions.)
- Be a U.S. citizen or an eligible non-citizen according to the U.S. Immigration and Naturalization Service.
- Must complete all UA employment paperwork, KPC Student Employee Orientation, and the UAOnline FERPA training (Family Education Rights & Privacy Act.)
- Student employees must be making satisfactory academic progress as outlined in the UAA/KPC course catalog: GPA 2.0 or better, prior to and throughout the term of employment.