FIND BOOKS AND ARTICLES
Find books and videos, as well as journal, magazine, and newspaper articles in the KPC and UAA Libraries.
MAGAZINES, NEWSPAPERS, AND MORE: FULL-TEXT ARTICLES FOR ALASKANS
Full-text information resources available to Alaskans. (Free access for all Alaskan residents)
OPPOSING VIEWPOINTS IN CONTEXT
This database offers a large amount of information on social issues, including viewpoint articles, topic overviews, statistics, primary documents and full-text magazine and newspaper articles.
Recommended databases and resources for your most common research needs.
TESTING AND EDUCATION RESOURCE CENTER
Over 300 practice tests, plus study courses, scholarship resources, resume builders and countless other career prep tools.
Online catalog of books, web resources, and other materials owned by libraries worldwide
Find books, videos, and research materials in the KPC Library and other UAA Libraries.
Available through UAA Consortium Library:
Free E-Book Resources:
CITATION STYLE GUIDES
- RefWorks - Citation management and formatting software.
- Easy Bib – Automatic citation and bibliography formatting for MLA, APA and Chicago/Turabian citation styles. (Do you own a smart phone or iPad? Search the app store for Easy Bib…now available for both the iPhone and Android! Simply wave your device’s camera over the ISBN/barcode and your citation is instantly created!)
- Son of Citation Machine – An easy, online tool to help cite information sources.
- Citation Matcher – Investigate backwards, using the citation to locate the full text article.
- Alaska Statistics
- United States FedStats – Convenient searching and linking capabilities to more than 100 agencies that provide data and trend information on such topics as economic and population trends, crime, education, health care, aviation safety, energy use, farm production and more.
- American Factfinder – A web interface for Census 2000 information. It allows users to create maps or tables by selecting a number of criteria. American Factfinder is fairly complicated, so we recommend that you use the tutorial before starting your research.
- World Statistics