Services and Proctoring
The ACCUPLACER (placement test), CLEP (College Level Examination Program), make-up exams for KPC courses and testing for E-Learning exams are all given at KPC Learning Centers (for Accuplacer testing at KRC in Soldotna, contact Student Services). The Learning Centers’ are sites for tests including the GED (General Education Development), GRE (Graduate Record Exam) and various specialized exams for certifications and licensure. For exam dates, fees and arrangements contact one of the campuses' Learning Centers.
- Focuses on basic skill areas of reading, writing and math
- Designed to assist in selecting the proper course level in math, reading, oral and written methods of communications
- Required for admission into a degree or certificate program
- Required for high school (and JumpStart) students (ACT, SAT scores less than 2 years old are also acceptable)
- Study materials available
- Free instruction and testing (requires a yearly, non-refundable fee of $25)
- Successful completion of the program results in a High School Equivalency Diploma from the AK Dept. of Labor & Workforce Development
- Individual, group and computerized instruction available
Amanda Webster, Test Administrator
Kenai Peninsula College
156 College Road
Soldotna, AK, 99669
Phone: (907) 262-0227
Fax: (907) 262-0398
If you require additional assistance, please contact us at: (907) 262-0227.
See the Proctored Testing Schedule for testing hours
Please fill out the KRC Appointment Request Form to request a proctored testing appointment date and time.
- The Learning Center is a designated proctoring site for KPC and UAA distance-delivered courses
- Test proctoring available for students taking other UA or outside universities distance-delivered courses
- Must complete a Proctor Request Form from the university's E-Learning department and forward to the KRC Learning Center
- Proctor fee charged for tests outside the UA system
- Instructors outside the UAA system must approve the Learning Center as a test site.