Tips for the ACCUPLACER
- Relax! ACCUPLACER was designed to help you succeed in college. Your score helps you and your advisor determine which courses are most appropriate for your current level of knowledge and skills. Once you identify your academic strengths and needs, you can get the help you need to improve underdeveloped skills before they can interfere with your learning.
- You will be able to concentrate better on the test if you get plenty of rest and eat properly prior to the test. You should also arrive a few minutes early so you can find the testing area, bathrooms, etc., and gather your thoughts before the test begins.
- Pay careful attention to directions, and be sure you understand the directions before you begin each test.
- You should understand that this is an adaptive test. Questions are chosen for you on the basis of your answers to previous questions. Because the test works this way, you must answer every question; you may change the answer on a particular question before you have moved ahead to another question.
- If you do not know the answer to a question, try to eliminate one or more of the choices.
- Remember to bring a picture ID.
Read the study materials available before taking the test. When you are ready, contact Student Services at 262-0300 to schedule your test.