KPBSD high school seniors can get a “Jump” on their college education by taking college classes while still in high school!
This great opportunity is sponsored by: KPC/UAA and the Kenai Peninsula Borough.
Here’s how high school seniors register for classes at KBC:
- Be a senior in high school.
- Meet with your HS counselor or principal who will recommend classes for you take.
- Complete the student section of the JumpStart application form.
- Have your parents sign the form.
- Take the KBC Accuplacer Placement Assesment
- Bring (you…not your parent) the completed JumpStart form along with your placement test scores to a Student and Enrollment Services Advisor for the final signature.
High School seniors are allowed to take up to six credits at a reduced rate, plus fees and textbooks. Students enrolling in a four credit course may take an additional three credit course for a maximum of seven credits. Regular charges for tuition apply to the additional credit.
Good to Know
- Seniors can take 100 or 200 level classes they have the pre-requisite skills for.
- This is the beginning of your PERMANENT university transcript.
- If you can't take the class...you must complete drop paperwork right away.