The terms admission and enrollment are often confused.
Admission is a formal request to become a student of our University. Admitted students may be seeking a degree, certificate or occupational endorsement or they may be non-degree seeking students. Enrollment refers to registering to attend a particular class or classes.
Advantages accompany being admitted to one of our many KPC/UAA degree programs:
- An advisor can help you with course sequencing and selection.
- Admission will establish your degree requirements for 5 years (certificate or AA/AAS) or 7 years (BA/BS).
- To receive most forms of financial aid, admission to a program is required.
- Transcripts from previous colleges are officially evaluated by UAA.
- Admitted students get to register first, ensuring enrollment.
e-Learning students who are seeking a degree must follow the admissions process for the correct University of Alaska campus.